So I mastered the art of a fresh mojito last night after three sad initial attempts. Now I’m hooked. I think there are few drinks more crisp and refreshing when it’s about a million degrees outside, and the mosquitos are rampant. Okay, well maybe sangria, but that’s a story for another day. While browsing for the perfect mojito recipe, I stumbled upon one that I’m officially dying to try – watermelon. The Mojito Company has some incredible takes on the classic refresher – like the Volcanic Mojito – that you just have to try, but here’s one to get you started:
Prep: 5 min. Serves: 1
- 4 oz seedless watermelon, cubed
- 3/4 lime, cut into three pieces
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 t sugar
- 1 oz simple syrup
- ice cubes
- 2 oz light rum
- 3 oz club soda
- Muddle watermelon, lime, mint, and sugar in the bottom of a glass.
- Add rum and simple syrup, and fill glass to the top with ice and top with club soda.
- Cover the glass with a cocktail shaker lid, and shake vigorously for 2-3 seconds.
- Serve with a straw, and garnish with a watermelon wedge.
- Invite all your friends over, pull up some chairs on the front porch, and drink up!