Before I get to all that though, I would love for you guys to go in on a donation with me. If we could pool together even another $50, we could sponsor a child for a time or provide food and supplies to those in the greatest need. I have so many wonderful readers that I don’t doubt that we can raise well over that amount. Please leave a comment on this post or contact me if you’d like to get on board.
2. Shop Hearts for Haiti. This shop opened on January 14 and has already had almost 2,000 sales. They have raised a whopping $25,000 for Doctors Without Borders in just two weeks!!! Don’t worry though; there are still 1,045 items left from every Etsyian under the sun, and all proceeds benefit DWB.
3. Sponsor this child. World Vision has countless ways that you can help the Haitian community, from sponsoring a child to donating a one-time amount for food, supplies, or even just clean water. If anybody would like to go in with me on a donation, I would love to make a lump donation toward a Hatian child. Please leave a comment on this post, or contact me.
4. Be somebody’s Valentine. Paper Culture is donating 100% of the proceeds from their 2010 Valentine’s cards to the Haiti relief effort. The cards start at only $1.49, are completely customizable, and you need a few anyway!
5. Put this in your CD player. This compilation from the Hope for Haiti Now telethon will only set you back $7.99, but it’ll make a world of difference to the many charities it benefits. It features Alicia Keys, Shakira, Bruce Springsteen, Jay-Z, and Justin Timberlake, just to name drop a little.
6. Spread the word. I know that many of my readers are also bloggers. You are a powerful tool in the fight to rebuild and renew in Haiti. Get the word out. Take these links and images, and use them. Make sure that everybody knows how to help. Make it easy for them, and they will continue to donate. Bloggers Unite for Haiti is a great way to join up with other bloggers to pool resources and unite for a cause.
I’d like to thank Choosing Beauty for compiling many of these links and several that I have not included here.