- 4 t. dried instant coffee or espresso
- 1/3 c. water
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 T coffee liqueur
- 12-16 ladyfingers
- 1 lb. cream cheese
- 1/2 lb. mascarpone
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 T Kahlua liqueur
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 c. heavy cream
- 16-20 ladyfingers, quartered
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 t. espresso or instant coffee dissolved in 1-2 T hot water
- chocolate bar for shavings
- cocoa powder or cinnamon for dusting
- Lightly spray a 9-inch spring-form pan or tart pan with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare syrup: In a small saucepan, stir water with coffee and sugar and heat just to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Stir in coffee liqueur.
- For cake: Arrange ladyfingers in pan, cutting or trimming to fill out pan bottom with cookies. Brush syrup over cookies and allow to soak in. Re-apply until all the syrup is gone.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on slow speed, cream the cream cheese and sugar. Add vanilla, Kahlua, eggs, egg yolks and heavy cream. Pour over prepared cake crust.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt the butter with the sugar. Using a whisk, briskly blend in the dissolved coffee. Pour into a medium sized bowl. Toss quartered lady fingers into this mixture. Arrange on top of cake.
- Bake until just set – about 30 minutes. Chill for 4 hours or overnight. After removing from pan, grasp a handful of chocolate shavings and put them all around the sides of the cake. Right before serving, dust each slice lightly with cocoa powder or cinnamon.
- Thanks to Recipe Secrets for this fabulous concoction!