While it may seem easier to just pop into the craft store for whatever you need, thrifting your craft supplies has a whole lotta perks!
Benefits of a Thrift Store Makeover
- Create something one-of-a-kind. Nobody else has the exact combination of materials and supplies, so you’re not going to end up with the same end result as a zillion other people on Pinterest!
- Save money. Project supplies can add up really fast. Fortunately, you can save a bunch by buying yours secondhand. Like a $1 vase, a $5 table, or half of an unloved fan!
- It’s good for the environment. Recycling is great and all, but reusing is way better. It helps lessen the environmental impact of your projects.
- It’s inspiring. Sometimes I’ll walk into an opp shop or the Habitat ReStore without anything in mind at all and just wait for something to jump out at me in need of a good makeover!
- Make money. There’s a huge market for one-of-a-kind upcycled projects, especially furniture!
Anam at Delicious and DIY recreated an Anthropologie vase for a mere $1!Continue Reading
Make a cute set of wine mugs out of $0.50 thrifted coffee cups!Continue Reading
This is a great way to repurpose an old wooden window frame into artwork.Continue Reading
Brittany shows you how to turn a second-hand IKEA bowl into a modern hanging planter.Continue Reading
Eileen turned a TV table and a checkerboard game into an easy end table.Continue Reading
You won't believe what this shadowbox was filled with before Meegan gave it a makeover!Continue Reading
I'm dying to find one of these curtains to turn into a gorgeous wall hanging like this!Continue Reading
I love that this has a sink, which makes it so amazingly functional!Continue Reading
This makeover is absolutely brilliant, and I want to go on the hunt for a lamp to convert now.Continue Reading
Get a really cool industrial look from an unloved old fan.Continue Reading
You won't believe how silly this thing looked before its gorgeous spring makeover!Continue Reading
A big canvas can be super expensive, but painting over a thrifted one saves a bundle.Continue Reading
You won't believe how she got this burl wood look on this furniture.Continue Reading
I love the trick she shares for distressing your paint job.Continue Reading
These sconces are ridiculously abundant at every thrift store I've come across.Continue Reading