“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson
Sooo Earth Day is finally here, and I think it's a good time for all of us to make a commitment to at least one small change for the coming year. The world isn't going to change itself, as I think we've all figured out, so we've really gotta step it up, and soon.
This year I'm going to...
- actually remember to take my fifty reusable grocery bags into the store with me...
- stick with natural cleaning products from now on (shameless plug: my Seventh Generation giveaway).
- recycle everything I possibly can.
- grow more plants - houseplants and maybe ever a couple outside ones!
- conserve water. The future of our water supply is terrifying. Read this.
- open the windows more and use the a/c less. (Let's see how far into June I make it with this one...)
- buy local. The further your food travels, the harder it hits the environment. Shop the farmer's market. It tastes better anyway.
Please take this opportunity to make your own little commitment to change. What will you do this year to protect the future of the planet? Leave a comment with your own, and write your own post to raise awareness!!!