Today I have a really creative recipe from Jodi Moreno of the gorgeous food blog what’s cooking good looking. Jodi cooks up some incredible goodies, all from whole, natural ingredients with proven health benefits. Since I’ve been having some stomach problems lately, I’ve been looking into healthier diets, including the occasional raw meal here and there.
If you’re looking for more pasta ideas, check out this vegan pesto tortellini recipe.
P.S. This vegan blueberry cheesecake sundae would be the perfect dessert after a delicious raw ravioli dinner!
Raw Vegan Ravioli Recipe with Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
This recipe for raw vegan ravioli is a great way to break into raw “cooking,” plus it’s just really neat to see how Jodi substitutes whole, fresh, raw ingredients to recreate a classic comfort food!
Be sure to pop over to what’s cooking good looking and leave Jodi a comment on one of her gorgeous recipes, like these vegan blt lettuce wraps with shiitake “bacon!”
Cashew Cheese Filling
1. Start by making the cashew cheese. Soak the nuts for at least a couple hours to get the perfect texture.
2. Add all the cashew cheese ingredients to a blender: cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, shallot, green onion, and lemon juice.
3. Blend on high until you have a smooth paste, like a ricotta cheese texture. Add salt and paper to taste.
Raw Vegan Ravioli
1. Marinate the sliced turnips. Toss with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, and set aside to help give the turnip a pasta texture.
2. Assemble the ravioli. Place a turnip slice on a place, and top with a dollop of cashew cheese filling. Top with another turnip slice, and repeat until you’ve used all your turnip slices.
Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
1. Add sundried tomato sauce ingredients to a blender: tomatoes, basil, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
2. Pulse a few times, and drizzle olive oil in while the blender is still running.
3. Drizzle in water until you reach your desired consistency.
4. Spoon the sauce over the ravioli, and add your desired garnish.
Raw Vegan Ravioli
Sundried Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 497mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 10g
Jodi Moreno is a Natural Foods Chef and the creator of the blog what’s cooking good looking, which features healthy, whole foods and seasonal recipes. She lives in New York City and works as a freelance food writer, recipe developer, and teaches private cooking lessons.