Break out the blender and make a batch of this delicious chili lime frozen mango margarita recipe, from scratch with fresh or frozen mango!
Whether you’re looking for a fresh, fruity cocktail or Cinco de Mayo recipes for your next party, these frozen mango margaritas are the ticket!
Even though it’s from scratch, this summer cocktail recipe is super easy to make in the blender. You can use fresh or frozen mango. But I love using frozen mango chunks because it’s so easy and makes super smooth margaritas. Plus, I don’t have to plan ahead. I can just grab a bag right out of the freezer.
Chili lime seasoning — either Tajin or the Trader Joe’s version — gives a tart, slightly spicy kick. Of course, you can leave it out and just do a salt rim if you don’t like spice.
You can make a margarita on the rocks — over ice, of course, but I pretty much insist you make this one frozen. It’s so fresh, creamy, and tropical that way!
Common Questions About How to Make Frozen Margaritas
How do you make a margarita in a blender?
To make a margarita in a blender, you’ll need to use ice, and possibly frozen mango. You’ll add all your ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
How do you make a margarita slush?
To make a margarita slush, you can add more ice than you would for a regular frozen margarita. Crush the ice in a blender until it’s small and has a slushy consistency. Then very lightly blend your other ingredients in.
Are margaritas stronger frozen or on the rocks?
The strength — or amount of alcohol — in a margarita depends on one thing: the recipe you use. It doesn’t make a difference whether it’s frozen or on the rocks.
To calculate how much alcohol is in one margarita, divide the full amount of alcohol in the recipe by the number of margaritas you’re serving.
Do you frozen margaritas have more calories than on the rocks?
Just like with the amount of alcohol in a margarita, the calories in a margarita depend on the recipe, not whether it’s a frozen margarita or on the rocks.
To figure out how many calories are in one margarita, divide the full number of calories in the recipe by the number of margaritas you’re serving.
What does a frozen margarita taste like?
The flavor of a frozen margarita depends on the ingredients, but since the main ingredient is tequila, you’re bound to taste that. Typically you’ll also have lime and triple sec, which has an orange flavor, so frozen margaritas can be very citrusy. They’ll also taste like whatever fruit you make them with, such as mango, strawberry, watermelon, etc.
P.S. If you’re in the mood for margaritas, you’re probably down for some other summer cocktails , too, right? Check these out:
- Strawberry guacamole recipe
- Apple cider sangria
- Healthy tropical green smoothie
- Pina colada mule cocktail
- Fresh watermelon cocktail
- Easy tropical sangria
- Strawberry lemonade bourbon cocktail
- Lemonade watermelon slushie
Save This for Later – Pin It!
How to Make Frozen Mango Margaritas from Scratch
But First, Ideas to Tweak the Recipe:
- Make it a virgin non-alcoholic mocktail by replacing the tequila and triple sec with orange juice.
- Swap out the fruit for whatever frozen or fresh, seasonal fruits you have on hand, like berries, peaches, or watermelon.
- Rim the glass with something different, like a sugar/salt mixture, plain salt, smoked chili powder and salt, etc.
- Make it spicy by blending in a tiny touch of chili powder or fresh jalapeño, or use a jalapeño-infused tequila.
- Use honey or maple syrup in a pinch if you don’t have simple syrup (though it’s super easy to make!) or agave nectar.
- Change up the garnish with edible flowers, little umbrellas, other citrus slices or wedges, etc.
Start by prepping your glasses.
1. Moisten the rim of your favorite margarita glass by cutting a notch in a lime wedge and rubbing it all the way around the rim.
2. Sprinkle a lot of chili lime seasoning (or salt, if you prefer) onto a small plate. Dip the glasses in the seasoning, and set them aside.
3. In a blender, combine a cup of ice and all your other ingredients: a cup of mango chunks*, three ounces of tequila, an ounce of triple sec, the juice of two limes, and a tablespoon of simple syrup or agave nectar.
*You can use fresh or frozen mango. If you’re using fresh, you may need more ice in your margaritas.
4. Blend until completely smooth. Use a spoon to take a taste.
5. Add more simple syrup or agave nectar and ice, if desired, and continue to blend until smooth and creamy.
6. Pour the margaritas into the glasses you prepared at the beginning. Fill them to just under the seasoning rim. Add a lime wedge on the rim, and sprinkle a couple twists of lime zest on top.
Printable Frozen Mango Margarita Recipe
Chili Lime Frozen Mango Margarita Recipe from Scratch
You can use fresh or frozen mangoes for this delicious frozen mango margarita recipe. Use tequila, vodka, or rum, depending on your preference. Make it a chili lime margarita with Tajin for a kick of spice and flavor.
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup mango, cubed
- 3 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup or agave nectar
- Lime wedges
- Chili lime seasoning*
- Lime zest
Chili Lime Rim
- Cut a notch in a lime wedge, and slide it all the way around the lip of the glass.
- Sprinkle a generous helping of chili lime seasoning onto a small plate, and dip the lip of the glass in the seasoning.
Frozen Mango Margaritas
- Add half the ice and all remaining ingredients in a blender, and pulse until smooth.
- Add more ice a little at a time, pulsing each time, until margaritas are thick and creamy.
- Immediately pour into chili lime rimmed glasses, and garnish with a couple curls of lime zest and a lime wedge.
- Store any unused mixture in the freezer.
*You can use Tajin, or Trader Joe's makes a delicious chili lime seasoning.
Serving Size:1 margarita
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 534Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 1183mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 7gSugar: 27gProtein: 20g
This game appeals to me. I also adore this game. The stylish and modern Ashley Graham Resident Evil 4 Remake Blazer is perfect for fans of the video game Resident Evil 4. The idea for this blazer came from Ashley Graham, the main heroine of the game.
I’m a fan of this game. and I love this game. Fans of the video game Resident Evil 4 Remake will love the trendy and current Ashley Graham Resident Evil 4 Remake Blazer. The game’s key character Ashley Graham served as the inspiration for this blazer.
Hello. So good that you told us about it, I think it’s very tasty. I will definitely try it. By the way, I love to cook to music. I just found a great site with great music. You can also find it here https://volumo.com/ .This site has many advantages. First of all, there are many genres. Secondly, you can sort music according to your preferences. And there are some really talented artists here who make great music!!!)
big booty doll Buyer Sex Doll Photographs – Daria 163 cm H Cup SDG – WM Doll
I’ve been troubled for several days with this topic. safetoto, But by chance looking at your post solved my problem! I will leave my blog, so when would you like to visit it?
Hello ! I am the one who writes posts on these topics casino online I would like to write an article based on your article. When can I ask for a review?
First of all, thank you for your post. totosite Your posts are neatly organized with the information I want, so there are plenty of resources to reference. I bookmark this site and will find your posts frequently in the future. Thanks again ^^
안전보장+다양한플레이 먹튀검증 안전노리터 go
Yum! Margaritas are my fav!
Thanks, Karly! I swear they bring the nice weather with them! 😉