You’ve just been jarred out of your post-Thanksgiving stupor by a fresh new work week. I think it’s high time to start planning for a new weekend, don’t you?
I’ve got all sorts of yummy recipes — healthy and otherwise, but today I’ll assume your fridge is stocked with leftovers. So let’s skip the food and head straight for the drinks.
I’m a sucker for sangria and have mixed up all sorts over the years: white, red, fruity, dry — you get the idea.
Sangria has always felt like such a summery drink to me, though. As soon as the first chill hits the air, I switch to spiced cider and mulled wine mode.
But today’s apple cider sangria recipe is here to make the case for the fruity stuff as a winter sipper, too!
You can mix this up as a single cocktail to go with dinner, or batch it to serve at a party.
Apple Cider Sangria Recipe
One of the best parts of this recipe is its versatility.
It’s delicious as a non-alcoholic mocktail. It’s equally good with the added kick of your favorite spiced rum, bourbon, or whiskey!
- 1/2 ounce maraschino cherry syrup
- 1 ounce sour mix
- 2 ounces apple & ginger juice
- 3 ounces honey crisp apple cider
- Cherries, apple, lemon & ginger slices
- Optional: 1 ounce spiced rum or bourbon
- In a cocktail shaker, add maraschino cherry syrup, sour mix, apple & ginger juice, optional liquor, and ice.
- Secure the cocktail shaker lid, and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with cherries, apple, lemon, and ginger slices.
GET THE FREE DESIGN FOR THIS PROJECT!
Subscribe (free!) to get INSTANT access to my resource library with all my free printables, cut files, and templates! Once subscribed, you'll receive my weekly newsletter with new projects and freebies.