You’ve just been jarred out of your post-Thanksgiving stupor by a fresh new work week. I think it’s high time to start planning for a new weekend, don’t you?
I’ve got all sorts of yummy recipes — healthy and otherwise, but today I’ll assume your fridge is stocked with leftovers. So let’s skip the food and head straight for the drinks.
I’m a sucker for sangria and have mixed up all sorts over the years: white, red, fruity, dry — you get the idea.
Sangria has always felt like such a summery drink to me, though. As soon as the first chill hits the air, I switch to spiced cider and mulled wine mode.
But today’s apple cider sangria recipe is here to make the case for the fruity stuff as a winter sipper, too!
You can mix this up as a single cocktail to go with dinner, or batch it to serve at a party.
Apple Cider Sangria Recipe
One of the best parts of this recipe is its versatility.
It’s delicious as a non-alcoholic mocktail. It’s equally good with the added kick of your favorite spiced rum, bourbon, or whiskey!
- ½ ounce maraschino cherry syrup
- 1 ounce sour mix
- 2 ounces apple & ginger juice
- 3 ounces honey crisp apple cider
- Cherries, apple, lemon & ginger slices
- Optional: 1 ounce spiced rum or bourbon
- In a cocktail shaker, add maraschino cherry syrup, sour mix, apple & ginger juice, optional liquor, and ice.
- Secure the cocktail shaker lid, and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with cherries, apple, lemon, and ginger slices.