Looking for my 2019 printable calendar? Here you go!
Hi there, I’m Lindsay!
I’m mostly known for my DIY projects, but I’m also really into hand-lettering, cooking and baking, and photography.
I’m not perfect, and I’m not trying to reach perfect people through Shrimp Salad Circus. Just outside the frame of my beautiful photos is my homemade brand of chaos, and I’m flying by the seat of my pants. And that’s okay, because most of are, aren’t we?
I blog to show busy, overwhelmed people that creativity can fit into their lifestyle and that’s it’s about diving in, not being perfect.
I started this blog in 2009 to inspire the person who doesn’t think she has a creative bone in her body but is ready to try. If you want to make gifts or home decor that look like they took all day (but really didn’t), I’m your girl!
Here are a few facts you probably don’t know about me:
- I’ve been to 29 countries and am hoping to make it 30 next year with a visit to Canada.
- I’m 5’10,” and my long legs are mostly covered in bruises because I’m the clumsiest person I know.
- I once roasted a marshmallow over molten lava. Yes, it did taste better.
- I nickname things to within an inch of their lives. Just ask my palm tree, Eddie, or our very confused dog Pippa, Pippapotamus, Chicken Nugget, Nugget Bird, Fluffernugget…
- I’ve been vegetarian for the last decade with a two-year hiatus in the middle when I fell off the wagon and landed in a pile of buffalo wings.