This vanilla coffee soap recipe will help you start your mornings with a caffeine buzz!
Plus, the caffeine in the coffee can have some nice perks (see what I did there?) for your skin.
I’ll admit that I’m a skeptic and won’t make sweeping generalizations about how having a half teaspoon of orange peel in a face mask is going to take 17 years off your face.
But some things are what they are.
Topical caffeine, in conjunction with massage, is said to help stimulate blood flow. It’s also a vasoconstrictor, which means that it temporarily shrinks blood vessels, which can temporarily reduce things like dark circles and puffiness.
But before we dive into the recipe…
More DIY Beauty Recipes Inspired by Drinks
- Mint Chocolate Sugar Scrub – This one is 100% edible. You could literally add it to your coffee for a yummy peppermint mocha!
- Matcha Green Tea Sugar Scrub Cubes – Also uses melt-and-pour
- Earl Grey Tea Soap – Another melt-and-pour!
- Peppermint Sugar Scrub Cubes – Uses melt-and-pour soap base, just like this lime coconut soap
- Raspberry Lemonade Melt and Pour Soap Recipe
Save This for Later – Pin It!
Vanilla Coffee Soap Recipe
- 1 pound melt and pour suspension shea butter soap base
- Coffee fragrance oil
- Vanilla fragrance oil
- 7 tablespoons ground coffee
- Small spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
- Cut the soap base into cubes.
- Melt them for 45 seconds in a microwave-safe container. Stir, and continue melting in 20-second increments, stirring between, until melted completely.
- Add your fragrance oil: 5-10 drops of vanilla and 3-6 drops of coffee, and stir.
- Add ground coffee, and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into four of the cavities on the soap bar mold.
- Spritz the surface of the soap lightly with rubbing alcohol to pop any bubbles.
- Let the soap set at room temperature for at least two hours.
- Gently pull the mold away from the soap to pop the bars out.
You must use a melt and pour soap base with "suspension" in the name, or the ground coffee will all sink straight to the bottom of your soap bars!
SUBSCRIBE NOW TO ACCESS MY FULL LIBRARY OF FREE DOWNLOADS!