Make a hearty, delicious dairy-free gluten-free banana bread recipe with just a few simple ingredients!
I hate throwing away food. Hate it. I feel so guilty every time!
So I love banana bread as a way to use up overripe bananas instead of having to just dump them in the compost bin.
This recipe can be made without the walnut topping to make a nut-free banana bread. This makes the whole thing one the best allergy-friendly recipes I’ve seen for it!
This banana bread comes together quickly and easily, without any impressive baking skills required. So it would make a wonderful holiday gift for coworkers or neighbors.
Other fun breakfast recipes and ideas:
- Host a brunch biscuit bar
- Pumpkin whoopie pie recipe with maple spice whipped cream
- Homemade raspberry shortcake recipe
- Homemade granola with no refined sugars
- Spinach broccolini goat cheese quiche
Save This for Later – Pin It!
Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (167 Celsius).
2. Line a standard-sized loaf pan with parchment paper, or grease it.
2. Blend together your bananas, eggs, dates, vanilla extract, and coconut oil in a blender or food processor. You don’t need to blend too much — just enough to get everything smooth and well-mixed.
2. In a separate bowl, combine your dry ingredients: spelt flour, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture, and mix it together thoroughly until everything is completely combined.
4. Pour the batter into the lined or greased loaf pan, and set it aside while you prepare the topping.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the chopped walnuts, cinnamon, and sugar or stevia. Sprinkle it evenly over the top of the batter, pressing down lightly.
6. Bake for 20 minutes; rotate the pan; and bake for another 10.
7. Let the banana bread cool completely before removing it from the pan and slicing it. Serve with coffee or tea!
Printable Recipe With Ingredients:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 97mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 8g Protein: 4g