Summer is my absolute favorite season because although the Southern heat can, at times, seem unbearable, the summer is the perfect season to kick back, relax, and stay cool (literally, mind you). Here are the six summer essentials I depend to do just that:
- I’ve been wearing these shoes ($53) pretty much non stop since I bought them. They’re incredibly comfortable, go with just about everything and they’re made from genuine leather in Italy. Not a bad deal for shoes I’ll leave all season.
- I live in my fedora on the weekends because it’s just so easy! No need to fuss with your hair, just wear a fedora with a sundress and you’re good to go. I love this short brimmed, colorful option ($85) from Mar y Sol.
- I have long hair and in order to keep my hair healthy, I like to cut down on the amount of heat styling I use during the summer. Bumble and Bumble’s surf spray ($22) helps my wavy hair achieve that tousled, I just stepped out of the ocean and isn’t my hair awesomely messy kind of look without the use of heat. Plus, the smell helps me daydream of the ocean while I’m at the office so it’s kind of like bringing a little beat of my favorite place with me wherever I go .
- What’s easier than a tank dress in hot weather? This option ($53) by Madewell comes in a variety of colors and is long enough to wear around town and could easily double as a cover up at the beach.
- A roomy, lightweight tote holds all the essentials and is especially helpful hitting up flea markets, craft fairs, and farmer’s markets on Saturday mornings. I own one bag by Infusion and the quality if fantastic. This striped tote ($89) is on my wish list.
- Although I like a sunkissed look, I’m not a fan of damaging my skin in order to achieve it. Jergen’s Natural Glow ($6.79) is affordable, easy to apply, and the color is incredibly natural. I’ve had some bad luck trying to apply sunless tanning products and this product is a no-brainer. If I’m going to be in the sun, I depend on Neutrogena’s break-out free formula ($7.99) to protect my skin without causing clogged pores.
Thanks to Christina of Down and Out Chic for keeping you guys company while I’m away for a couple weeks in Europe! I love her picks and think I just might have to try out the surf spray! Be sure to support my vacation guests with lots of comment love!
oh my goodness that striped bag is to *die* for!!! that is a direct to wish list item!