(Updated on 02/08/19) Learn my pro tip for how to center bio on Instagram, including a quick code snippet you can copy and paste!
Instagram is my favorite social media platform by far. I love the community and conversation that happens over there, but it can be a bit limiting in terms of customization.
Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to make your profile pop. One quick, easy way to go about it is to center your bio text.
Keep reading to find out how to center your Instagram bio with one little bit of code!
How to Edit Your Bio on Instagram
Before you can center your Instagram bio, you need to figure out how to edit it, right?
- Open the Instagram app, obviously.
- Go to your Instagram profile page.
- Click the button that says “Edit Profile.”
- Go to the section that says “Bio.”
- Start typing in the text you want.
- Tap “Done” on iPhone or the check mark on Android.
How to Center Your Instagram Bio – Magic Code
Unfortunately there’s no automatic way to center the Instagram bio text.
You can’t add spaces in your Instagram bio in front of the text, so you have to use special blank characters. This fools Instagram into thinking there are spaces to the left of your bio text.
It’s the only way to add space to the front without Instagram stripping it out as soon as you save it.
Copy the spaces inside the brackets below but not the actual brackets. I know it looks like there isn’t anything there, but there really is, I promise!
If it’s easier to just copy and paste the whole thing, you can always remove the brackets once you’re in Instagram!
Next, paste that to the left of each line of text in your Instagram bio. You can paste more or backspace to delete some of the blank boxes until you get everything lined up properly. The image below shows you what that looks like for my own Instagram bio.
Just play around with the arrangement until each line is centered.
Tip: Paste the snippet into the notes app on your phone so that you don’t have to Google it again next time you need it!
More Engaging Instagram Bio Ideas
Your Instagram bio has a 150 character limit, so you need to use that space wisely. The right bio could make people more likely to check out your Instagram posts or follow you.
Here are a few tips:
- Add emojis to your Instagram bio to make it stand out and feel more engaging.
- Use symbols that most people aren’t using.
- Copy and paste custom Instagram bio fonts. Just avoid any that are hard to read because people are seeing them on a small screen.
- Add line breaks by creating your bio in the notes app on your phone and hitting “return” like you normally would. Then, just copy and paste it into the bio field on Instagram.