My favorite Starbucks drink is hands-down the iced caramel macchiato. It’s delicious, yeah, but one of my favorite things about the drink is the beautiful way the coffee and cream layer together. If you’ve never had one, you’re missing out!
I wanted something cool, refreshing, and summery that I could keep on-hand without having to go out to pick anything up. I’ve seen a few iced caramel macchiato popsicles recipes out there, but none of them had the layering I love with this drink. Fortunately, I was able to mimic the actual drink recipe to create a popsicle that could pass for my favorite icy beverage!
P.S. For the perfect extra touch, you can dye the popsicle sticks green with food coloring for the full “Starbucks experience!”
This list includes the actual popsicle mold and sticks I’m using, though it looks like they’ve changed the color of the lid since then. If you already have a popsicle mold, it should work just fine for these! The supply list contains affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything extra, but I may get a small commission, so thanks for helping me keep this blog up and running!
- Popsicle mold
- Popsicle sticks
- Green food coloring
- See recipe below for ingredients
- 1 cup strong coffee or espresso
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- Optional: caramel sauce for drizzling
- Brew a cup of really strong coffee, and mix in 1/2 tablespoon simple syrup to sweeten. Put it in the freezer to cool almost to freezing.
- Mix together the half and half, 1.5 tablespoons simple syrup, and 1 tablespoon caramel sauce.
- Drizzle a bit of caramel sauce into both as well.
- Set the milk mixture in the freezer to get really cold, and then use it to fill each popsicle mold about 3/4 full.
- Add a few chunks of crushed ice atop the milk, and then drizzle coffee over it.
- Chow down.
These popsicles look so delicious. I should try iced macchiato next time I am Starbucks.
Iced caramel macchiato is definitely one of my favourite starbucks drinks, so naturally this popsicle looks SO GOOD. Well done with even nailing the milk/coffee layering
Thanks, Tan! The layering was the best part of the process!
Oh girrrllllll these are giving me feelings. Looks so good!!
Anytime I can make popsicles that incite feels, it’s a win. Thanks, gurlll!
Uh – can we talk about this photo styling? You win the day!
Thanks, girl – that’s quite the compliment coming from you! 🙂
These look delicious! What’s better than having your morning coffee ready to go on a stick?
Right?! Grab one and head out the door – perfect! <3
This is one of my go to drinks at starbucks too! And in popsicle form?! Even better. Must try!
I love is so much but hate the big ‘ole price tag! If I can find a cheaper way to feed my habit, I’m all for it!
These look so super delicious! Can I has them all?
Yes you can has! I think we for realsies need a get together! 😉