Nothing says “summer” quite like watermelon, but the window for fresh watermelon is so tragically short!
Fortunately, with this watermelon donut DIY recipe, you can hang onto that summer feeling all year round. Plus, the recipe uses a boxed cake mix, so you don’t even have to whip something up from scratch.
These delicious little treats would be the perfect dessert or appetizer for a cookout or party. But be sure to make a whole bunch because they’re sure to get grabbed up fast.
Supplies & Ingredients
- 1 box of green cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Pink Wilton Candy Melts
- Mini chocolate chips
- Wilton donut pan
- Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the cake mix box.
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- Pour donut mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the donut mix into the donut pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt pink candy melts in microwave or with the Wilton Melting Pot
- Dip the top of each donut into the pink candy melts. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips for “seeds”.