Holiday decor doesn't always need to be the in-your-face style you see at the mall. Sometimes subtly can make the biggest impact, like with this understated confetti tea towel. I got to try out Tulip Shimmer Sheets for this project, and I thought they were the perfect pop of festive against a bright white background. This would be really sweet wrapped around a box of cookies tied up with a big ribbon!
What You Need:
1. Use a circle punch to cut out circles from red glitter, silver glitter, gold foil, and silver foil shimmer sheets. I used a one inch punch. Cut out all your circles ahead of time, and keep them separated by color.
2. Iron a towel so that it has no creases or wrinkles. Lay it out on an ironing board so that the center of the towel is positioned over the center of the ironing board. Begin placing dots in a random design at even-ish intervals all over the part of the towel on the ironing board.
3. Carefully lay another towel over the top of the first towel and dots. Using an iron on the proper setting for the fabric, press over each dot for 40 seconds, moving the iron continually so that you don't scorch the fabric.
4. Peel the towel up to check the dots, making sure they've adhered. Once they're all firmly stuck, slide a blank portion of the towel onto the ironing board, and repeat the pattern.
* Disclosure - this post was sponsored by Tulip. I was provided with Shimmer Sheets and compensation, but opinions of the product and all ideas for the project are exclusively my own. See my disclosure statement for more information.