On those nights you don’t want to mess up a bunch of dishes and need to feed a group of people without a lot of time in the kitchen, or hurt to your food budget, cheesy BLT bread sticks are a great option. The yummy ingredients for these bread sticks satisfy many people and are easy to serve, with or without the need for dishes or silverware. Almost like a piece of pizza, eat them hot or cold, on a plate or just in your hands.
- Loaf of French bread
- Bacon, cooked to your liking
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh mozzarella sliced
- Lettuce or fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Optional: Italian seasoning, pepper
- Broil the bacon in the oven until crispy. Set it aside to cool, and you either keep it in strips or crumble it if you prefer.
- Slice the French loaf along the long edge and fold open.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter and minced garlic together, and brush over the open French loaf.
- Spread a light layer of mayo on both sides.
- Lay a layer of fresh lettuce (I prefer using fresh spinach) on both sides.
- Add a layer of your cooked sliced bacon on both sides.
- Add a few sliced tomatoes to both sides.
- Sprinkle any last seasonings on before adding the sliced mozzarella. The thinner you slice it, the better. If you need to place your fresh mozzarella in the freezer for 5-10 minutes first, it is a little easier to slice that way.
- Broil your decorated loaf on high on the middle shelf for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese becomes melted, but before anything starts to get burned.
- Slice and enjoy!
Stephanie Studer – LifeCreated
Stephanie is an Arizona resident who owns her own small business & blog all about providing custom styling and photography for businesses, photographers, event planners and other bloggers. Being a mom of 3 little girls surely keeps her busy at home, but she loves to share her passion for beautiful shots and fresh style with others. As a family, Stephanie loves to play outside and spend a lot of time crafting or making yummy food to eat.