I made the list back in November, and I’ve barely updated it since then! At the suggestion of a real-life amiga, I decided to go back in and update everything to hold myself to it and show my progress. The highlighted ones are in progress, and the crossed out ones are, well, crossed off the list, done, finito!
I highly recommend you all make your own lists. It’s a fun way to make goals and actually accomplish them. Just for the record, I turn 25 on December 3, 2010!
- Clean my apartment. *In the process of cutting down on clutter. You get a tour when it’s finished!
- Visit a completely new country. *Belize in August 2010! (Yes – you’re allowed to be jealous.)
- Go back to Guatemala.
Learn HTML and CSS.*I know enough to pretty up my blog! Take a website design class. Learn to think before I speak a little more often.
- Learn Arabic.
Try a Long Island Iced Tea.*Terrible, bad idea. That’s all I have to say about this one, and you don’t get any pictures. Run every day for a whole week.*Getting back in the habit, anyway. Run a half-marathon.
- Run a full marathon.
Make a headboard for my bed. Raise some money for the Ronald McDonald House of the Bluegrass .*$14K and counting!
- Organize my life. *Well, I organized my junk drawer…
Actually use my planner. Paint something beautiful. Become a bourbon connoisseur.*I still don’t love it, but now I’ve toured Woodford Reserve, Maker’s Mark, and Four Roses, and I can now say that I love a mint julep! Learn to spell the word ‘connoisseur’ without spell check.
- Send a letter to everyone I love.
Do something crazy with my hair. Put my sewing machine to good use. Spend more time with Mish and Rosco.
- Try TTV photography. *I’ve purchased a Kodak Duaflex and a Kodak Brownie, so that’s a start!
Make a real difference in somebody’s life.*Working on that with Bridges Beyond Borders. Grow an herb garden.*I’ve got some sprouted basil seeds!
- Start a compost bin.
Get a really good summer internship (hopefully paid?). Get Bridges Beyond Borders off the ground. Find five new bands that I’ve never heard of to adore. *So far: One eskimO, Broken Bells, Beach House, Walk off the Earth, Of Monsters and Men . Make something from nothing. Buy an original piece of art.*Loves me some Cricket Press! Curl my hair. Make another really epic cake.
- Get my handwriting as a computer font.
- Get some of my digital pictures actually printed.
Reread an old favorite book.*Tuesdays With Morrie Get a bike.*It’s a ’75 Schwinn. The Mister got it for me for my birthday, and I just finished restoring it!
- Watch the Star Wars movies.
- Go an entire week without getting a bruise. *Not. Even. Close.
Invent a really delicious recipe. Commission my brother to paint me something gorgeous.
- Get a Google Page Rank of four for the blog. *Still a three… *sigh*
Pick a favorite kind of wine.*And the winner is: shiraz! Finish decorating my walls. Meet up with my lovely friend Katie . Catch up with somebody I’ve lost touch with. Feed some ducks.
- Get something published.
- Sew a piece of clothing from scratch, and then wear it somewhere fun.
Clean up my e-mail inboxes.*Glorious. Just glorious. Clean out my car.*Though subsequently wrecking it wasn’t on the list…
- Learn to like the cold. *Possibly never going to happen, but I’m learning to deal…
- Buy a really schmancy dress, and then go somewhere equally schmancy.
Celebrate absolutely nothing. Buy myself flowers just because they’re pretty. Plant some tulips in my apartment’s yard.*Somebody beat me to the punch and planted mass quantities of daffodils. They were gorgeous!!! Light the candles on my porch, and enjoy my little piece of outdoor space. Start sleeping at a normal hour.*Thanks to finishing grad school, I’m now on a semi-normal sleeping schedule!!! 😀 Eat more healthy and natural foods.
- Figure out how to make butternut squash fries crispy.
Go on a trip with The Mister.*Mexico and Belize in August 2010!
- Find my passion.
- Create a 100-word memoir.
- Quit complaining.
Splurge.*I got some really cute wellies and a fun umbrella. Does that count?!
- Get rid of all the unnecessary things.
Have 1,000 blog subscribers.*Over 1,500 now – thanks, you guys!!!
- Always wear sunscreen.
Inspire somebody. Go an entire week without driving anywhere. Reach 100 shop sales.*Up to 147 now! Go an entire day without working on anything.
- Design my own blog template completely from scratch.
Learn to live with my crooked teeth (unless somebody wants to get me Invisalign…). Dance. Study for something more than 48 hours before it’s due.*Okay, so I only did it liiike once, but it still counts…
- Try something I think I’ll hate.