Happy Thursday. Stephanie here with a delicious recipe for you to try this weekend! Almond butter fudge frosting is a great alternative if you do not prefer peanut butter, and want to make your own homemade frosting without a bunch of unnecessary ingredients.
This simple frosting only takes about 10 minutes to make, and it could be used to top your favorite cake, cookies, dipped marshmallows, etc. The possibilities are endless, and even the kids can help you make it, it is that easy! Read on for the recipe!
For this post I made some swig-style sugar cookies rolled into a ball, and then flattened once they were on the pan. Feel free to use whatever recipe for a cake or cookie you want! Whatever you decide to to frost, make sure it is completely cooled before you add frosting on top.
This recipe yields enough to easily frost 2-3 dozen cookies. It can easily be doubled if you have a layered cake, or more to decorate.
- ¾ cups of chocolate chips (use whatever kind you prefer)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tbs milk
- 3 tbs butter
- In a large saucepan, add 3-4 inches of water and set to a high heat until boiling.
- Get a smaller sauce pan and gently set it down into the larger pot, making sure the boiling water just touches the bottom inch of the smaller pot.
- As the water boils, add your chocolate chips and butter to the smaller pan.
- Stir constantly with a spatula until melted.
- Add your almond butter and stir until smooth again.
- Your chocolate frosting maybe be a little more pasty than you'd like (depending on what chocolate you used), so add the tablespoon or two of milk, stiring constantly, until you get a nice, creamy consistency.
Frost your desserts and enjoy!
Stephanie Studer – LifeCreated
Stephanie is an Arizona resident who owns her own small business & blog all about providing custom styling and photography for businesses, photographers, event planners and other bloggers. Being a mom of 3 little girls surely keeps her busy at home, but she loves to share her passion for beautiful shots and fresh style with others. As a family, Stephanie loves to play outside and spend a lot of time crafting or making yummy food to eat.
SUBSCRIBE NOW TO ACCESS MY FULL LIBRARY OF FREE DOWNLOADS!