1. I love to create something beautiful – and occasionally practical – from a big pile of chaos. Or a semi-organized box of chaos, as the case may be.
Are you wondering what the ‘Nice to Meet You’ linky party is yet? Well, it’s party one of my very busy Friday, and it’s a collaboration with a super-creative group of ladies I ‘met’ at one of the Alt Summit classes I told you about. We decided to try to introduce our readers to the whole group and get everybody together for some blog hopping. First, I’m going to show you six pictures of how I love to spend my time at home. When you get to the end, I’ll tell you how to share your own blog!
2. I love love love decorating our home. Yeah – it’s only a rental, but it’s ours. It’s not a dorm room, and it has no expiration date, so I’m making it as ‘ours’ as I possibly can. In this post I have a step-by-step tutorial to teach you how to make your own frame collage faux headboard.
3. Even though ‘home’ only has a tiny little kitchen, I love to cook. I’m vegetarian, and Andrei’s not, but he’s a ridiculously good sport/guinea pig for all my favorite recipes. This is my favorite cookbook, and this is the tutorial for the picture above to make your own vanilla extract. You should start now to have them ready in time for wonderful holiday gifts. Get your free labels to print right here.
4. I love putting all my junk and various and sundry neat things together to make gifts for the most important people in my life. This monogram necklace was for my bestie. Yeah – I said ‘bestie.’ Wanna make one? Check out the full tutorial.
5. I’m cheating on this one. I’m gonna call ‘home’ anywhere in town. ‘Town’ being Lexington, Kentucky, in case you wondering/hadn’t finished stalking me yet. I love exploring where we live, and I really love picnics. Picnics are really just another name for a good excuse to consume a bunch of wine, cheese, and bread and hang out with wonderful company under the clouds.
6. I saved the best for last. The best part of ‘home?’ This guy. Even though the left side of his head has dissolved into the sky. I love him enough to get past the missing 1/3 of his head. ;D Andrei is home, no matter where home is. He’s my favorite part of everything.