I kind of despise winter. I think it’s by far and away the unpleasantest of seasons. Yes, unpleasantest. That’s why I’m so pumped to start celebrating spring. The sun shows its face again; flowers start popping up everywhere; and the birds come back out to play. To kick off the party that is spring, I’ve put together some cute little bird nest cupcakes. Enjoy, and be sure to share pictures if you make them!
- Edible Easter grass
- Candy eggs - I used Reese's
- Peanut butter or frosting
- Frost a cupcake with a thin layer - just enough to get the toppings to stick. I actually used almond butter instead of frosting to cut the sweetness a bit.
- Grab a small handful of the edible Easter grass. It's a little bit stiff, but just go ahead and wrap it around one of your fingers in a tight little twist. Pinch it that way for a few seconds. When you let go, it should expand out a bit. Set the newly-formed little nest on top of the frosted cupcake.
- Set a Peep right in the middle of the nest, squishing the base into the frosting to secure it.
- Take two or three of the candy eggs, and nestle them into the frosting right next to the Peep. That's it - you're ready to move on to the next one. And then next one.
- These would be super cute for a kids' party, baby shower, or any spring spread!
SUBSCRIBE NOW TO ACCESS MY FULL LIBRARY OF FREE DOWNLOADS!