While it may seem easier to just pop into the craft store for whatever you need, thrifting your craft supplies has a whole lotta perks!
Benefits of a Thrift Store Makeover
- Create something one-of-a-kind. Nobody else has the exact combination of materials and supplies, so you’re not going to end up with the same end result as a zillion other people on Pinterest!
- Save money. Project supplies can add up really fast. Fortunately, you can save a bunch by buying yours secondhand. Like a $1 vase, a $5 table, or half of an unloved fan!
- It’s good for the environment. Recycling is great and all, but reusing is way better. It helps lessen the environmental impact of your projects.
- It’s inspiring. Sometimes I’ll walk into an opp shop or the Habitat ReStore without anything in mind at all and just wait for something to jump out at me in need of a good makeover!
- Make money. There’s a huge market for one-of-a-kind upcycled projects, especially furniture!
Anthropologie Knock Off Vase
Anam at Delicious and DIY recreated an Anthropologie vase for a mere $1!Continue Reading
An Update on the Popular This Might Be Wine Mug
Make a cute set of wine mugs out of $0.50 thrifted coffee cups!Continue Reading
How to Upcycle an Old Window into a Chalkboard Sign
This is a great way to repurpose an old wooden window frame into artwork.Continue Reading
Upcycled Thrift Store Bowl Hanging Planter
Brittany shows you how to turn a second-hand IKEA bowl into a modern hanging planter.Continue Reading
Easy DIY TV Tray Table Makeover
Eileen turned a TV table and a checkerboard game into an easy end table.Continue Reading
DIY Shell Shadow Box Made With a Thrifted Find
You won't believe what this shadowbox was filled with before Meegan gave it a makeover!Continue Reading
DIY yarn wall hanging. An unexpected thrift store upcycle
I'm dying to find one of these curtains to turn into a gorgeous wall hanging like this!Continue Reading
DIY Potting Bench with Sink
I love that this has a sink, which makes it so amazingly functional!Continue Reading
Easy Tiffany Mirror DIY
This makeover is absolutely brilliant, and I want to go on the hunt for a lamp to convert now.Continue Reading
DIY Upcycled Fan Cover Light Fixture
Get a really cool industrial look from an unloved old fan.Continue Reading
DIY $1 Spring Wreath from Hula Hoop
You won't believe how silly this thing looked before its gorgeous spring makeover!Continue Reading
How to Create DIY Art by Painting Over a Thrifted Canvas.
A big canvas can be super expensive, but painting over a thrifted one saves a bundle.Continue Reading
Burl Wood Furniture Hack and Factory Finish Paint Job You Can DIY →
You won't believe how she got this burl wood look on this furniture.Continue Reading
Antique Looking Stool - At Home DIY March Challenge
I love the trick she shares for distressing your paint job.Continue Reading
DIY Wall Sconce from Upcycled Glass Light Shades
These sconces are ridiculously abundant at every thrift store I've come across.Continue Reading