This holiday season, I want to make sure we’re all thinking of more than gifts, baked goodies, and eggnog. More than family and friends, even. I want us to all be sure to think of those most in need. It’s easy to forget how dire the situation is for those living in poverty, so I’m trying to raise awareness in a fun and quirky way! Read on to learn a little about poverty right here in the US of A, and then scroll down to the Rafflecopter widget to find out how you can enter to win!
Poverty in the United States At-a-Glance
- 16% – Americans living in poverty. That’s like 4 out of every 25 of your neighbors. (source)
- 47,000,000 – The number of Americans living in poverty (source)
- 1 in 6 – Americans struggling with hunger (source)
- 21.8% – Children under 18 living in poverty. Imagine 1 out of every 5 of your children’s classmates. (source)
- $23,550 – Poverty line for a family of four. Try to make ends meet for four people at barely more than $20,000 a year. (source)
- $48,166-94,676 – Minimum basic family budget range for America (source)
Poverty is an issue I care very deeply about, so I picked up a few goodies to give you guys a little extra incentive. One lucky sweater-wearer is going to win a ring and necklace from Jersey Maids, a hand-signed and numbered watercolor print by me, Maybelline Color Show nail polish, a chevron infinity scarf (color may vary), 101 Ingenious DIY Solutions for Living, Organizing, and Entertaining, aqua washi tape, and a set of geometric diamond vinyl wall decals by me!