One of the really fun things about blogging is occasionally getting to try products out before they launch in stores. I recently got together with David Tutera Paper Crafts to try out the Celebrate Card System. It’s a 1-2-3 step process, with fun, color-coordinated, textured pieces that go with each step. I decided to use these goodies to make a birthday card for a sweet coworker!
What You Need
Purple card base from Step 1
Lavender embossed sheet from Step 2
White tag, border, and sentiment sticker from Step 3
Paper tape or washi tape
Fine nail file
1. Take an embossed sheet from the Step 2 set. Holding a nail file flat against the sheet, very gently rub it in a circular motion all over the raised portion. It’ll rub off the color a little bit, giving it a little bit of a distressed finish.
Note: There are pieces from this line made to reveal a different color when you sand the top layer off, and they will be marked as such. I only sanded this one to give it a distressed look.
2. Glue the back with a dot at each corner and a bit in the middle.
3. Line up the sheet on the front of the card from a Step 1 set, and press it firmly into place.
4. Here, I used a thick, patterned paper tape and a thin metallic one to add visual interest. Press them down really firmly, and then use scissors to trim off the excess at the edges.
5. Glue down a little tag from a Step 3 set, and then stick one of the sentiment stickers from a Step 3 set in the middle of it. Voila – you have a card! Be sure to trim any excess tape off the edges.
6. If you want to really go the extra mile, glue a pretty, colorful, coordinating Step 3 piece onto the front of the envelope!
Three lucky winners will receive a $300 grand prize pack of supplies from David Tutera’s Celebrate cardmaking line and a personally signed book from David! 20 additional winners will receive a $50 Celebrate prize pack. Sign up here for a chance to win: http://pages.exacttarget.com/tutera-optin-blog/
You can find this line now at your nearest JoAnn’s store.
That looks so elegant!!