Learn how to make this deliciously crispy Parmesan baked sweet potato chips as the perfect side dish!
This Parmesan herb crispy baked sweet potato chips recipe is a delicious way to add some color and crunchy texture to your lunch, dinner, or party snacks.
Plus, you can take advantage of all the sweet potatoes benefits for health, like beta carotene, vitamin C, and magnesium.
Heck, even the kids will love this easy oven-baked snack!
What to Pair with This Baked Sweet Potato Chips Recipe
These baked sweet potato crisps go well with ranch dressing or your favorite creamy dressing or dip. But they would also taste delicious with these homemade dips:
Sandwiches and Burgers
Obviously baked sweet potato chips are the perfect side dish to go along with your favorite burger or sandwich. Here are a few recipes to get you started with your planning:
- Easy chipotle cauliflower burger recipe
- Buffalo chickpea veggie burgers
- Chickpea feta burgers
- Easy meatless sloppy Joes
Save This for Later – Pin It!
Easy Baked Sweet Potato Chips Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
1. Wash and scrub your sweet potatoes, and then slice the potatoes very thin – about 1/8″ is good. A mandoline slicer is such a helpful tool here for very thin, evenly cut chips.
Note: Since we’re leaving the skin on, I recommend using organic sweet potatoes.
2. Combine your coating ingredients in a mixing bowl: extra virgin olive oil, a teaspoon of dried parsley or rosemary, a teaspoon of salt, and a tablespoon of finely-grated Parmesan cheese.
3. Toss the sliced sweet potatoes in the mixture, and let them marinate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Bake for approximately 10 minutes on each side, until the center of each chip is soft, and the edges are starting to become crisp.
6. Broil for a minute or two on each side until the chips have become perfectly crispy crunchy!
Note: The chips can burn quickly under the broiler, so keep a a very close eye on them.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese
- 4 average-sized organic sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- Optional: Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 Celsius), and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine olive oil, salt, herbs, and cheese.
- Toss the sliced sweet potatoes in the mixture until evenly coated.
- Let the sweet potatoes marinate for at least half an hour.
- Arrange sweet potatoes slices in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes on each side, until they're soft in the center and crisp around the edges.
- Set the oven to broil, and watch the chips closely until they look crispy.
- Optional: Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan and parsley for garnish and a bright, fresh flavor.
- Serve with ranch dressing or your favorite creamy dip.
The thinner you cut your sweet potatoes, the faster they'll bake. Keep a close eye to make sure they don't get overcooked.
When you broil them, watch constantly because they could burn quite quickly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 579mg Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 9g Protein: 2g