Whip up this black cherry ice cream recipe without an ice cream machine. It’s a great summer activity for kids, too!
Last week we went to our dear friends’ apartment to get the babies together at the pool. Which was adorable, by the way, but is completely beside the point.
My friend served up a dish of bright, fresh cherries, and I made Andrei stop by the grocery store on the way home because I had to have black cherry ice cream.
Sadly, the store-bought stuff was underwhelming.
But you’re in luck. This recipe is packed chock-full of frozen or fresh black cherries, and the white chocolate chunks add amazingly crunchy texture to balance out the creaminess.
Do you love to mix and match your ice cream flavors? This would pair well with:
Or even as a filling for this pumpkin whoopie pie recipe!
Save This for Later – Pin It!
No-Churn Black Cherry Ice Cream Recipe with White Chocolate Chunks
Step-by-step photos are included below to help you whip up this delicious ice cream recipe packed full of black cherries.
Scroll past for a printable version with the full ingredient list.
1. Use a mixer to whip two cups of heavy cream until it has a thick, pudding-like consistency. Check the photo above for the consistency you’re aiming for.
2. Fold in a 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk and a teaspoon of vanilla.
Feel free to add more vanilla if you like.
Because of the sweetened condensed milk, you don’t need to add any extra sugar.
3. Set aside half the mixture, and stir in a half cup of pitted black cherries and a half cup of coarsely chopped white chocolate.
Pour it into a loaf pan.
4. Pour the remaining cream mixture into the loaf pan, and top with another half cup of cherries and chocolate.
5. Freeze the mixture overnight to harden thoroughly.
If you’re in a hurry, you could freeze for 5-6 hours, but overnight will yield the best results.
6. Let the ice cream soften at room temperate for about five minutes before you scoop it.
Serving Size: 1 scoop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 544Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 0gSugar: 53gProtein: 8g
GET THE FREE DESIGN FOR THIS PROJECT!
Subscribe (free!) to get INSTANT access to my resource library with all my free printables, cut files, and templates! Once subscribed, you'll receive my weekly newsletter with new projects and freebies.