Looking for a homemade Mother’s Day gift that she’ll actually want to keep for years to come? Well, look no further, my DIY friends. This month Michaels challenged the Michaels Makers team to come up with something special for that special lady in our lives, and I just can’t resist a good pun!
This pretty sign is a twist on my usual hand-lettering since I know that can be intimidating for people who don’t love their handwriting. This time, I’ll show you an easy way to hand-paint with any font you print out on your computer without having a fancy craft cutting machine!
P.S. Make Mom’s day! Check out custom curated gifts for every mom on Michaels.com. Looking for more DIY inspiration? Make sure you visit Michaels’ blog, The Glue String, to see the rest of the Michaels Makers’ Mother’s Day project ideas.
- Birch log slice
- Gesso or white acrylic paint
- Acrylic paint in 3-4 coordinating colors and one contrasting color
- Printout of your favorite quote or text
- Graphite transfer paper
- Hot glue gun and glue stick
- Small glass bottle or test tube
- Fresh or artificial flowers
1. Paint a thin layer of gesso (or matte white acrylic paint) over the front of the wood slice.
2. Squirt acrylic paint in 3-4 coordinating colors onto a plate, palette, or sheet of wax paper. Dab a sponge or roller in the paint, picking up some of each color.
3. Paint this blend over a floral stencil to add some interest and color to the background of the sign.
4. Add a sheet of graphite transfer paper, graphite-side down, behind your text printout. Place them where you want your words on the sign, and firmly trace over each letter with a pencil or pen.
5. Use a thin, round paintbrush and acrylic paint to trace back over each letter.
6. Hot glue the bottle to the opposite side of the sign.
7. Add flowers and a bit of water!
More Homemade Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Your article is a perfect article without a hitch. Thank you. My site: okbet super jackpot promo
build your own sex doll Imbalance of male female proportion and hot market of sex dolls
sex robot マンセミインフレータブルセックスドールとストロングTPE /シリコンセックスドールのアクティビティと通常の性生活の利点どのようにしてセックスの共犯者にセックスドールを認めさせるかあなたの実用的なセックスドールを収容するための5つの戦略
Love you and love this tutorial! Xoxo Jane
You’re the sweetest, lady! <3
This is just beautiful! I love how all the different elements come together — the texture of the wood, the colors in the flower outline, and the glass vase. And that’s such a good trick about the graphite paper! I do not own a fancy cutting machine so I need this for sure!
I love receiving home made gifts on mothers day. They mean so much more than commercialised items bought on the high street
It’s so true, Anna. They’re so much more personal! 🙂
Thank you for sharing!