I wish winter were over, you guys, but the groundhog says we’re in for a while longer… If you’re starting to feel cooped up with the kiddos — or yourself, no judgment here — it’s time to find a silver lining in this miserably cold weather. Or a sparkly gold lining, in this case. I originally published this tutorial over at Mod Podge Rocks and am excited to share it with you over here today. If you’re feeling something a little more summery, I’ve played with Mod Podge for other fun projects: flip flop coasters for summer, glimmery pumpkins for fall, and a beautiful way to display my wedding photos.
I have a massive stash of tiny little dishes that I use in my shop, so this project felt like a perfect opportunity to use one for a bright, vibrant wintry craft. Plus, when it comes to glitter, more is more, right? ;D You can use your finished dish for jewelry, keys, a candleholder, or just about anything you can think of that needs more sparkle.
Ombre Glitter Snowflake Dish
- Shallow bowl (like these sauce dishes)
- 2-3 coordinated colors of fine glitter
- Thin washi tape
- Mod Podge Gloss
1. To give this craft some staying power and help it hold up for years, you need to scuff up the surface of the dish with fine sandpaper or even a nail file. The first thing to do to ensure that everything sticks well and lasts a long time is to clean your little dish thoroughly with soap and water or rubbing alcohol. You can get started as soon as it’s dry!
2. Use scissors to cut three strips of washi tape about an inch long.
*If you don’t have a thin tape, you can just cut regular tape in half lengthwise.
3. Firmly press the tape onto the center of the dish in the shape of an asterisk. Smooth down all the edges, and make sure nothing’s peeling up anywhere!
4. Brush a thin layer of the Mod Podge all over the surface of the dish, including the taped design area, being sure to get the Mod Podge into all the corners of the “snowflake.”
5. Sprinkle your first color of glitter generously starting at one side of the dish. Use gradually less as you work in toward the center so that the next color of glitter blends in nicely.
6. Moving quickly, pour on your second glitter, using a light amount over the edge of the last color and getting heavier as you work in. Add a third color the same way.
7. Set the dish aside to dry for an hour or so, and then very carefully peel up the washi tape. You should have a blank snowflake in the middle of the field of glitter.
8. Brush another thin layer of Mod Podge over the whole surface — glittered area and snowflake. Set it aside to dry overnight, and you’re done!!
affordable sex dolls He always kept preaching about this. I will forward this information to him. Pretty sure he will have a very good read. Many thanks for sharing!
irontech sex doll How Silicone Dolls Will Fulfill Your Dreams In The Close to Future?
Tie Front Cut Out Jumpsuit Deep V Neck https://www.weleny.com/products/tie-front-cut-out-jumpsuit-deep-v-neck?_pos=1&_sid=31d5808ae&_ss=r
ラブドール ロリ Factory Redid Sex Doll Pictures MAGARET – 160 CM | 5 ‘2 “-GCUP-AFドール
에볼플레이 먹튀검증 안전노리터
국내최고메이저 먹튀검증 안전노리터 go